Seek Specialized Medical Care After An Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, you need to seek medical attention right away, even if you have no sign on injury at the time of the accident. If you have ever been an an automobile accident before, you know how sore your body can feel the next day. Some injuries from auto accidents can take even weeks or months before they make themselves known. That is why it’s important to immediately seek care from a licensed medical professional right away.
Injuries sustained from car accident can also become worse later if not properly diagnosed.
Without the proper care and treatment from a specially trained medical physician, your injury could be left uncovered by your insurance or the other “at-fault” party’s insurance.
At Accident Care And Treatment Center, Inc., our staff is headlined by licensed medical doctors, unlike many other accident-injury care providers available today. Working in this industry for over 20 years has given us the knowledge and expertise that is unsurpassed by other providers. Our physicians and specially trained staff are dedicated to their auto accident-injury patients and make sure that each patient is treated with the utmost care in a timely fashion.
Medical Care Focused On Auto Injuries
At our medical facility in Oklahoma City, we specialize in treating auto accident-injuries. We are able to provide specific treatment plans through our cutting edge technology and equipment. Below you will find more information about our diagnostic process and what types of therapy and treatment we offer to all of our patients. If you would like to schedule an appointment with us, please contact us today.
Cutting Edge Accident Injury Diagnostic Tools & Techniques
At your initial appointment with Accident Care And Treatment Center, Inc., we will first and foremost want to get to the source of your injury. Along with other diagnostic equipment, our licensed medical professional will ask you a series of medical questions about your medical history as well as, what occured at the time of the accident, and other relevant questions. Once a general idea of your medical history is produced, your physician will then what to perform a physical examination. This exam helps your accident-injury doctor to pinpoint the injury and source of your pain. Other diagnostic tools and equipment we use include:
- X-rays – X-ray images allow us characterize and identify fractures. Injuries from accidents that go unaddressed without imaging and proper evaluation can cause future issues.
- Digital Ultrasound -The same type of ultrasound used on pregnant women allows our physicians to located many different injuries or problems that are related to the injury in real time.
- MRI – MRI’s data can be processed in different ways to see different types of tissue. Our in-house “open” MRI is more patient friendly than the traditional “canister-style” MRI equipment.
- CT – (CT) Computed Tomography or better known as a CAT scan, is a computer-controlled system of X-ray images that are captured in “slices”. These images enable doctors to see high resolution images that show the details of internal anatomical structures.
- Electron-Beam CT – The Electron-Beam CT (EBCT) is able to produce highly detailed images in areas of the body where movement may be present.
- Additional Diagnostic Tests – Depending on the severity of your injury, additional diagnostics may be ordered so that our physicians can reach a complete diagnosis. To reach a full comprehensive diagnosis, additional blood panels and lab tests may be ordered.
Accident Injury Therapy & Treatment
Once your diagnosis is complete, our highly trained physicians will set you on a course of action. This may include a wide variety of treatments and therapies to get you feeling 100%. Here are just some of the therapies and treatments offered by Accident Care And Treatment Center, Inc.:
- Massage Therapy – Massage Therapy has been shown to loosen soft tissue, improve circulation, and relax muscles.
- Myofascial Release – This therapy is used to relax contraction muscles, improve the circulation of both the blood and lymphatic systems, and to stimulate the muscles’ stretch reflex.
- Conditioning & Strengthening – After an auto accident injury, some treatments and recovery can result in possible loss of strength and deconditioning. Improving these areas can help to facilitate a quicker and more complete recovery process.
- Medication – We manage our medications so that they are only required to be used for the short term.
- Exercise Therapy -Exercise therapy is an effective treatment plan for many of the injuries sustained in an auto accident.
- Physical Therapy – This hands on therapy can effectively restore movement, relieve pain, improve range of motion and flexibility, and treat injuries.
- Physiotherapy – Physiotherapy is a highly effective type of exercise therapy that is used in the majority of the auto-injury cases we see.
- Phonophoresis & Therapeutic Ultrasound – Ultrasounds can be used for more than just a diagnostic imaging tool. Phonophoresis uses ultrasound to enhance the delivery of topically applied medications. Therapeutic ultrasound has also been shown decrease pain by reducing swelling.
- Braces And Splints – Our medical professionals are specially trained in auto-injury care and have experience with a wide variety of splinting and bracing techniques.
- Traction -Traction is the practice of straightening or “setting” broken bones or relieving pressure on the bone (usually in the spine).
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation – Our trained medical staff uses EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation) to prevent muscle atrophy, increase blood circulation, relax muscle spasms, and can also help to “re-educate” the muscles in the body.